Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 5, 2013) – The American Chemistry Council (ACC) yesterday at its annual business meeting elected twenty-one individuals to serve on the ACC’s board of directors for new or extended terms beginning January 1, 2014.
“The caliber of leadership and experience of ACC board members is nearly unparalleled among trade associations. The dedication and engagement of these industry leaders will ensure that we continue to deliver on our mission of creating business value through exceptional advocacy,” said ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley.
The ACC board of directors sets council policy, provides strategic direction, and approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
“The marketplace diversity represented by our board of directors will strengthen our efforts as we continue to advance sound, common sense policies that encourage competition, fuel economic growth, and spur the innovations helping to make our world safer and more sustainable,” added Dooley.
The following individuals were elected to serve terms beginning January 1, 2014:
For a term beginning on January 1, 2014 and ending December 31, 2014:
- Frederick Palensky, Executive Vice President, Research & Development; Chief Technology Officer, 3M
For terms beginning on January 1, 2014 and ending December 31, 2015:
- Mark Costa, President (effective 5/14/ 2013) & CEO (effective 1/1/2014), Eastman Chemical Company
- Randy Dearth, President & CEO, Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Werner Fuhrmann, Member Executive Committee, AkzoNobel
- John Paro, Chairman, President & CEO, The HallStar Company
- Patrick Prevost, President & CEO, Cabot Corporation
For terms beginning on January 1, 2014 and ending December 31, 2016:
- Chuck Anderson, President, Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Flemming Bjoernslev, President & CEO, LANXESS Corporation
- Paul Carrico, President & CEO, Axiall Corporation
- Inga Carus, President & CEO, Carus Corporation
- Peter Cella, President & CEO, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Andreas Kramvis, President & CEO, Performance Materials & Technologies, Honeywell
- Timothy Mulhere, Executive Vice President and President, Global Water and Process Services, Ecolab
- James J. O’Brien, Chairman & CEO, Ashland Inc.
- Steve Pryor, President, ExxonMobil Chemical Company
- Craig Rogerson, Chairman, President & CEO, Chemtura
- John Rolando, President, Evonik Corporation
- Ed Rose, President, Specialty Chemicals Division, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Joe Salley, President & CEO, Milliken & Company
- Rob Shama, President, Afton Chemical Corporation
- Gary Spitzer, Senior Vice President of Integrated Operations & Engineering, DuPont
To learn more about ACC membership, visit www.americanchemistry.com/membership.